I have some pretty exciting news for you: a new Shinect version is soon to be released : Shinect 0.48 !
Here is a list of the main new features:
– Shinect is no longer a console-based application! Just click on it to start it, as you would with any software, no console commands knowlege is required!
– Calibration is now about ten times faster (thanks to the new OpenNI version)
– Installation has been simplified
– Wiimote support with auto-detection (if no wiimotes are available, the pads settings return to a default kinect-based behavior)
– Layout page switching: you can ‘scroll’ between different layout pages with gestures
– New basic GUI: just right click on the Shinect view to select your setttings
– MIDI output is now a global parameter (no longer config file specific) and can be selected or changed via the new context menu
– You can now switch between config files dynamically (select your file using the new context menu)
– Added an option to keep the Shinect window on top of others apps
– Info and error messages are now displayed on top of the view
This version is currently in private beta phase, so if you’d like to help me by testing it, just contact me on twitter: ShiniKnobz